July 30, 2018

Minifigures. Part 2

Classic yellow or light flesh?  Not an easy choice tbh.



Coulson original LEGO minifigure is great.  Yet it meant to represent him on a mission, communicating with fellow SHIELD agents.  His dual-sided head has sunglasses on one side, the other side has a headset.  Sunglasses are cool, but the headset is not something AC would need for this vacation.  So I need to find another head looking similar to his original one.

Now, to the outfits.  I spent some time looking for what LEGO has for casual/summer/vacation/beach theme.  No need to say the choice is much wider for classic yellow minifigures.  Actually, I can say the same about heads.  Light flesh ones normally represent recognizable characters from movies.  

So I think I will go with yellow minifigures, just to have more stuff to play with.  Not to worry, the black suit will still work, it doesn't show any skin, I'll just need to swap hands.  Same about that blue shirt on top, I really like it.



Now, it's so much easier to find heads for Melinda May if I go with classic yellow minifigures.  Here are the "aviators" and some different sunglasses, and a less recognizable jumpsuit (the one on the right, the other one is borrowed from Black Widow).


It was fun to go through Bricklink list of female LEGO parts thinking - what would May wear on vacation.  So many pink tops, but pink seems wrong for her.  Any way, I think I found several fun pieces for her.  Some of them will arrive shortly.

P.S.  Ming-Na made my day with this photo on Instagram today.   LEGO is hot this summer :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment